Re: SF expander for the 86?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SF expander for the 86?

What Mel's driver does:

-provide a nice simple user-interface.
-communicate with the SF-expander.
-slow things down to what they should be.

Since you can't control the TI comport to the detail needed for these
operations using basic, and since basic just plain can't handle stuff like
this, it's done in ZShell... Z80 assembler. That very same assembler is
used on the 86 and 83, so it is certainly possible, in fact, easy to port
the code. what you need to adjust:

-in the user-interface... use the 86 adresses and things.
-the SF-expander communication is the same, except maybe the comport itself
might need different commands... don't know if they are the same in the 85
and 86;
-slow things down appropriately to an 86.

If mel wants to release source, take and port. should be easy. I don't have
either (83 or 86), so i'm not going to do it :-P

as to the 82, nope, sorry. can't run asm source, since you don't have asm
commands (like 83 or 86) nor do you have loop holes that allow you to run
supporting software (85/92 ZShell/Fargo.)

--
-R.Zwitserloot@BTInternet.com

Michael J. Malluck <malluck@BELLSOUTH.NET> wrote in article
<33971987.4A08@bellsouth.net>...