Re: Help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help

Exiting any loop with the goto command, Whether it's a loop or an If-Then state
ment, will eventually cause the calculator to memory error.  If it's done once,
 it's not noticible, but if it's done twice, the speed keeps dropping until the
 memory error occurs.  Of course, I'm guessing your using a Ti-85.  The Ti-92 f
rom what I notice seems not to have this problem.  At least I never got a memor
y error yet.  The way I usually use in the case of multiple statements is this
way:

lbl A
if A=1
then
<Commands>
end
if A=1
goto x
<more code>
lbl x

It takes more memory to do it this way, but it keeps the calculator from causin
g errors.  You could also make all of the commands in the then-end area into an
other label and have that label goto x as well.
lbl a
if a=1
goto x1
<Code>
lbl x1
<commands>
lbl x
<code>
Either way works. Just pick the one thats right for the program and it should r
un fine
The Lizard
Lizard@infonline.net
User of zerospam                                     -spam the spambots!
Use the above address to reply via E-mail
http://www.cc.ysu.edu/~s0218244   Ti-85/92 Ti-basic programs made by me.