Re: CShell gives me 51k of mem...hmmm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Peter Wilk wrote:

> Ok, I got CShell because I saw it was smaller (not much) than ZShell, it
> has autopower off, and you can adjust the contrast from inside it (don't
> know how to do that yet, help?).  I was looking at my free mem today to
> see if I would have enough room for QuadForm.  I did.  But I also took a
> look at the size of my strings, it says I have +41k!  CShell alone is
> 24524!  This is kinda interesting considering that there is only 28k of
> real user mem.  Here is the exact screen from my [MEM] menu:
> MEM FREE   2037
> REAL  585   CPLX  0
> LIST  219   VECT  28
> MATR  0     STRN  41456
> EQU   222   CONS  0
> PRGM  6780  GDB   0
> PIC   0
>
> last time I knew the the TI-85 didn't have 51k of user available memory.
>  Anyone know what is happening here?  Is it just a little text error?
> I also have another problem, I don't know if it is related.  I have an
> equation in the equation menu that can't be deleted it is called RegEq.
> I have ROM version 10.0
> I can send a backup of my calc to anyone wants it.

That happened to me too, but with ZShell.  ZShell became some 24,000
bytes!  I ignored it for a while, until I got curious.  After backing up
my calculator, I tried to erase ZShell.85s and the Calc crashed.  After
that, I got a none curupt ZShell, and put my programs back on.

Follow-Ups: References: