Re: TI-85 memory protection

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-85 memory protection

Mislav Bilobrk wrote:

> On Sat, 24 May 1997, Eggplant Farms wrote:
>
> > > I have discovered an amazing way to keep nosey people from deleting
> > anything
> > > from your TI-85 calcs memory.  All you have to do, is go to your Solver,
> > and
> > > put a single space " " (without the quote marks) as the "eqn:".  Then, go
> > > your catalog, and place anything from it inside your 3rd spot of the
custom
> > > menu.  Exit it all, then try to check your ram, or delete files, and
you'll
> > > note that you can't do it.  Amazing isn't it?
> >
> > HAHA! I know how it works and you don't!
> >
> How it works, please?

It's a glitch.  I don't know how it works, but you could check a ti-bugs
doc at ticalc.org ,because I found it there a long time ago.  When you
put a " " into the solver, and put something in the 3rd spot in the
custom menu, it links the solver with xStat (I think), and therefore it
messes up xStat.  It also messes with the VAT, so that explains other
funky glitches.  You can look at xStat by going into the LIST menu (2nd
'-') and editing xStat (the STAT menu won't work).  You will get like 3
rows of 0's then some weird characters.  If you scroll down, the calc
will give you Error 15: Memory, then if you choose quit go back into
xStat with the LIST menu, and choose Insert Row (it should be like INSr
or something), the calc will do some weird screen stuff.  Hit on and the
calculator will either crash (and you'll have to remove the batteries)
or it will reset the memory when you turn it back on.

Todd