Re: Running Apps. Off Expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Running Apps. Off Expander

You can't run code directly from the calc, well not practically.

In order to get info from the SF expander, you need to download
it from the chip, DECODE it, and then run it. If you do this for
every single piece of code, you get sub-turtle speeds. Instead, you
transfer a sizable block, decode all that, and work from there. That would
mean Mel Tsai has to write a sub that automates downloading. That would
mean you need a table in your CALC, not the SF (or a table in the SF at a
specified address, which would be updated often and that's not very smart
with bubble mem), and go from there. It's possible, but you'd have to
download in chunks. If you are asking if it would be possible to run
bigger-than-32k code, yes. If you are asking if it would be possible to run
programs with virtually nothing left in your calc, no.
--
-R.Zwitserloot@BTInternet.com

No Body <jermacide@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in article
<199706020229.TAA02373@f17.hotmail.com>...