From:   DULCE97[SMTP:dulce97@AOL.COM]
Sent:   Tuesday, May 27, 1997 12:41 PM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        Re: An open letter to web-browsing TI enthusiasts.

I really don't see what the big deal is.  I like both the TI-Files and
ticalc.org.  I don't see why both can't coexist peacefully.  As for the
TI-File's "leeching" off of ticalc.org's archives, who cares.  I mean,
the're just calculator games.  The only people who should have the
authority to forbid someone from putting a calculator program on their
site is the author.  I personally as a programmer don't really know why a
author of a program wouldn't want their work distributed.  I thought that
the point of these web pages was to make life easier for a calculator
user.  I personally would rather have both ticalc.org and the TI-Files
than just on or the other.  Two brains are better than one.  Also try not
to be too hard on either of the sites.  It takes a lot of work to keep up
a large site like that.  Also, I would like to complement the TI-Files
(although I'm trying not to take sides) on their handling of this
situation.  Ticalc.org has been blasting them with insults and the
TI-Files are just taking it and trying to work it out and explain
themselves.  I think I speak for most people when I say that we want both
the TI-Files and ticalc.org, as long as they would stop fighting to be the
best.

              -Dan