Re: precision on all calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: precision on all calcs

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Alexis wrote:

> > Hah! Slick maneuver to get yourself out of looking real dumb - "Oh, like,
> > I was just joking.  Yeah, that's it, I was kidding around guys..."
> >
> > I'd have more respect for you if you could admit when you're wrong.
> >

> Jeffray you're really stupid !Look at his post, he only puts 1decimal, so
> of course the calc believe the result is pi, that can only be a joke ! And
> please stop being so agressive !
>
> Alexis

What does "he only puts 1decimal, so of course the calc believe the
result is pi, . . . " mean (and I'm not just referring to your broken
english, I really don't understand what idea you're trying to get
across)?  Anyway, this discussion is overkill.  I believe that you have
misinterpreted the post to which I responded.  I stand by everything I've
said about the simple misunderstanding that 180*sin(1) does not (and
never will) equal pi.  I don't believe Mr. Wendt meant his original post
on the issue as a joke.

        Jeff Bunds
        bunds@students.uiuc.edu