Re: Graphing Need Help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Graphing Need Help

Try this program, it takes your input and stores it in  xStat and yStat,
does a scatter plot, and then your choice of 4 different regressions.
-mortis

note: \->\ is the sto-> key

ZStd
ClDrw
For(X,0,288,5
Prompt Temp
X\->\xStat(X/5+1)
Temp\->\yStat(X/5+1)
If x>xMax
x\->\xMax
If Temp>yMax
Temp\->\yMax
End
Scatter xStat,yStat
Pause
ClLCD
Disp "REGRESSION"
Disp "1. Linear"
Disp "2. Logarithmic"
Disp "3. Exponential"
Disp "4. Power"
Menu(1,"LinR",L,2,"LnR",N,3,"ExpR",E,4,"PwrR",p
Lbl L
LinR xStat,yStat
Goto X
Lbl E
ExpR xStat,yStat
Goto X
Lbl P
PwrR xStat,yStat
Lbl X
DrawF RegEq
Pause
DrawF RegEq
Pause

--
/-----------------------------------------------------------\
| TI-85 Shell Central                                       |

-- BEGIN included message

Tina Bishop wrote:

> I am trying to figure out a way to plot antenna beamwidth patterns on
> my TI-85... I'm a math moron, and I haven't got all this calculator
> stuff figured out... Here's an analogy of what I want to do, can
> anybody help...
>
> Let's say the x dimension on my calculator is going to represent time,
> the y is going to represent temperature. I want the calculator to plot
> a graph in that at X time (X is going to be incremented automatically
> in my program, let's say for this example every 5 mins.) So every five
> minutes I have taken a temperature measurement, written them down, and
> now I want to put the data into my calculator. Since X is incremented
> every 5 mins, all I have to do is enter the temperature and I should
> get a graph plotting temperatures over a whole day (every five mins)
> Right now, this is what my program looks like...
>
> for(X,0,288,5   time (X) starts at 0, goes to 288, increments by 5
> Prompt Temp
> PtOn(X,Temp
>
> It's simple, it works, but it only puts dots on the display, I want
> nice curves and sine looking stuff. So that's my problem.. I know it's
> probably the simplist thing to do in the world, but I'm an idiot
> (Humor me)  :)
>
> Thanks in advance.
> - bishop@mindless.com
>      If all else fails, so much for skydiving! -

--
| TI-85 Shell Central                                       |
| http://members.tripod.com/~Llama_/                        |
| ksmith@capitol-college.edu                                |
| "..why? because it's useful.."                            |

-- END included message