Come on, what's the TI-86 REALLY like?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Come on, what's the TI-86 REALLY like?

Well, the TI-86 isn't on sale here in England yet, so perhaps one of you
luckier chaps over there in America can fill me in with a bit more detail
on it.  I've read all the specs, etc. and am following the thread about
whether it has an assembler or not with interest, but I have two questions
that can only be answered by someone who has had their grubby hands on one.

1  What is the manual like?  My TI-85 came with an awful manual, both
   unfriendly and full of errors, so I do hope that they've done it better
   this time.  It would be hard to do it worse!

2  How fast is it subjectively compared to the TI-85?  Is there any
   perceptible speed difference?  During the last few days I've played with
   an HP38 (not the 48) which seemed very slow indeed, and a Casio fx-9700
   (spit!) which is really very snappy indeed; noticably quicker than my
   TI-85 anyway.

Thanks for any information---I'm very interested in your first impressions
of the TI-86.

Cheers,

Dick

Dick Smith                Acorn Risc PC              dick@risctex.demon.co.uk