Re: Getting a new 86 a bad idea?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Getting a new 86 a bad idea?

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997 17:23:16 GMT wnc@IDONTWANTNOSPAM.WCO.COM writes:
>I'm looking for opinions, i have an 85, and i'm really interested in
>the
>86. i'm planning on giving my sister my 85. Is it a good idea to rush
>out
>and buy a new86, or would it be best to wait and see how the ROM
>changes.
>I know a couple teachers with really really old 85 roms, and they
>can't do
>cool things like run zshell etc etc (plus there's speed and bugs
>issues)
>and if it is a good idea to wait, about how long?

hehe kewl.. i'm gonna do that too.. give my 85 (rom 10.0) to my sister
and get an 86.. but i'm not going to get one until more programs for the
86 is out. (including games.. and asm games.. :)  ) but

if you have a rom 10.0 on your 85.. (the latest) it'll last you for a
long time.. my sugestion is to wait.. which is what i'm going to do.

unless you want to show it off to your teachers.. and kick em for
thinking that 83's are the best.. :)
---
-nXt
   nxt@geocities.com   http://nxt.home.ml.org            <-- Web Page