Re: QUESTIONS about the TI-86!?!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: QUESTIONS about the TI-86!?!

-----YOUR MESSAGE-----
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 20:03:07 -0400
From: TI85Calc@AOL.COM
Subject: QUESTIONS about the TI-86!?!

I just bought a TI-86!

I have a total of seven questions, that I like to be answered.  You may not
have to have knowledge on the TI-86s to answer these questions.   ANY help
will be appreciated!

1.)  I searched all of TICALC.ORG, and TI.COM/CALC..   Neither of them have
ANY information on the TI-86 Graph link.     Can anyone tell me WHERE I can
get ANY TI-86 Linking program?

TRY CALLING 1-800-TI-CARES. THEY MAY BE ABLE TO SEND YOU A BETA VERSTION.
THERE SHOULD BE A 86 LINK ON THE TI WEB PAGE, BUT THERE IS NOT.

2.)  Also, TI said they would develop STAT programs for the TI-86 once it
releases.  I don't see any!

I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR THESE

3.)  Are there going to be any Linking programs for the TI-86 that will be
"$5 parallel-port link" compatible?  I already built one for my 85, and was
just wondering there will be one for the TI-86.

?????

4.)  How do you program in assembly language on the 86s?

?????

5.)  Is there any possible way you can run TI-85 -Z-shell/Assembly-Language
games on the TI-86?   For example, a program made in the 86s assembly
language.

?????

6.)  On page 226 in the TI-86 Guidebook, It says something about the Assembly
Language Compiler.
Here's all it says:
AsmComp(AsciiAssemblyPrgmName,    - Compiles an assembly language program
written in in ASCII and stores the hex version.
-------------  What it is this supposed to mean?  How do you write in ASCII?
 (Pardon my computer/calculator illiteracy)

?????

7.)  Is there anyway I can convert a TI-85 program into a TI-86 program?  I
have MANY useful math programs for the TI-85, and I want to use them on my
TI-86.

I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LINK PROGRAMS DIRECTLY FROM THE TI-85 TO THE TI-86.
SO FAR ALL THE PROGRAMS RUN AS EXPECTED.  HOWEVER, THE TI-86 HAS A DIFFERENT
ORDER OF OPERATIONS FOR IMPLICIT VS EXPLICIT MULTIPLY FROM THE TI-85. (THE
TI-86 HAS THE SAME ORDER AS THE TI-83 AND 92.)
EXAMPLE: STORE THE VALUE 5 TO X
                                         TI-85     TI-86
                                  1/2X     .1       2.5
                                  1/2*X   2.5       2.5
THIS MAY CAUSE A PROBLEM IN SOME PROGRAMS.
I THINK THAT ALL 85 PROGRAMS WILL RUN IN AN 86 BUT SOME MAY GIVE BAD RESULTS.

BEN SULTENFUSS
BSULTNEFUSS@SFASU.EDU