Re: Here's an idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Here's an idea

> To:            mpb@xnet.com
> Cc:            CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
> Date:          Thu, 19 Jun 1997 21:30:04 CDT
> Subject:       Re: Here's an idea
> From:          jim.reardon@juno.com (Jim Reardon)

> On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 20:59:19 -0500 Matt Bathje <mpb@xnet.com>
> writes:
> >WTF...way to contradict yourself you nimrod! if they can't afford a
> >web
> >page...just where is it going to redirect to???
>
> He said afford a DOMAIN and hosting on a server...  The domain alone
> would be at least the $100 internic fee.  He didn't say web space.
> You can get free webspace (that can be linked to transparantly) on
> Geocities or Tripod (both offer 2 megs).

I know exactly what he meant. And you don't get a domain with his
great idea either. You get a pointer, for 10 dollars (or whatever),
to a webpage that you already have to have. If what you think he is
offering is a domain, than uh...you are a bonehead.

So now i get

http://i.m.lame.ti.net

as my web page POINTER which just makes the persons web browser jump
to http://www.xnet.com/~mpb WTF is the point!?!?!?!?!??

It's almost as stupid as that ml.org thing (except stupider, cause
you'd have to pay, and because you couldn't have it pointing to an
actual DYNAMIC ip, like a web/quake/irc/whatever server running on
your home computer). (if you have static ips of coure, then both
types of service are totally useless.)) Do we understand why it is
stupid now?

Good....

Matt Bathje
mpb@xnet.com
piper45 on IRC's #calc-ti...come and HATE ME!