Re: speed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: speed

This speed testing is an interesting idea.  I once wrote a stopwatch
program for my 82 that was pretty accurate.  A friend of mine copied it
to an 85 one day just to kill time.  Weeks later, when he had discovered
ZShell and he had very little free mem on his calc he noticed that this
exact same program wasn't accurate anymore.  Memory definitely has an
effect on speed.

May I suggest that people post a standardized test result so this will be
all the more meaningful.  Let's all use this program:

For(X,1,400)
Disp X
End

It's a simple program that's not too fast to time and I think is on all
the calcs.  May I suggest we all post our results like this:

Calc      Time        Rom     Mem Free    (get the mem free from your mem
menu)
82        21 secs     19.0         28688      <---That's my $0.02

Erik B.
Staysail@Juno.com

P.S. I'm thinking about starting an ASH programs webpage soon.  Any
suggestions?

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:29:42 -0400 Mark G Malley <markgm@JUNO.COM>
writes:
>What would be a cool thing to do is test the actual speed of the
>calculators, but with different conditions.  Maybe one with the memory
>cleared, one with it half full, and one with it almost filled.  The
>reason for this is because the RAM is the hard drive as well!   It
>would be interesting to see the results if all things were equal
>except for the type of calculator.
>-MarkGM@Juno.com
>

>>I did this test on my 83 and it took about 16 seconds.

Follow-Ups: References: