Re: IMPORTANT, remove Oshell programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: IMPORTANT, remove Oshell programs

I've got to agree that any author has the right to do this, but why would
you want to?  Why not ask him to label the code as modified by whoever
did it?  Don't you know they've complimented you by wanting to port your
code?

Again, you certainly have this right.  I don't think anyone would deny
you that.

Barry

Dines Justesen (c958362@STUDENT.DTU.DK) wrote:
: Thomas J. Hruska wrote:
: >
: > THE FOLLOWING IS AN IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL 82 ASM PROGRAMMERS:
: >
: > Tomorrow, I will begin porting all 82 ASM source code on the TI-CALC.org
: > site.  If you DO NOT want me to release the ported source code, let me know
: > ASAP.  As soon as I am done with all the source, I will upload everything
: > at one time.  NOTE:  OShell-82 programs that use _getkey or _grbufcpy can't
: > be translated yet.
: >
: > NOTHING IN THE SOURCE CODE WILL BE CHANGED EXCEPT TO MAKE IT COMPATIBLE
: > WITH THE OTHER SHELL.
:
: This guy has changed the source code for my programs, compiled them and
: put them
: and several differnt www sites, without me approving of it. Because of
: me being
: on vacation i was not able to respond to this letter, so he just went a
: head.
:
: Most of these programs are my work, and i do not want any one changin
: them and
: releasing them without me approving of it. The rest of the programs
: where originally
: written by some one else and i just translated them for Ash. I got
: permission from the
: author of these programs to do that, he has has far as i know done this.
:
: Therefore i have a request to everyone out there with a ti82 releates
: www page,
:
: REMOVE THE OSHELL VERSION OF MY PROGRAMS ASAP.
:
: Some of you might think that i am doing this because i as one of the
: authots of Ash
: wants everyone to use Ash instead of Oshell. This is not try, if any one
: wants to translate
: one or more of my programs from Ash to Oshell, just write me first. And
: make sure
: that i approve of it before releasing it. I just do not want people who
: do not know
: what they are doing messing up my programs.
:
: I hope that most of you can understand why i am doing this, and will
: respect it and remove
: the oshell version of my programs from the site. For the Oshell users
: out there, i am sorry
: about this, but if someone truly wants an Oshell version, i wont mind if
: you write me first.
:
: In the future i hope that anyone who want to translate someones program
: does not use
: the same method as this guy did. Ask first, and only make it public if
: you get permission.
:
: I hate when this kind of thing happens, and i really do not feel like
: working on the ti8x
: for while.
:
: DInes