Re: A82: IMPORTANT, remove Oshell programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dines Justesen wrote:

> Thomas J. Hruska wrote:
> >
> > THE FOLLOWING IS AN IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL 82 ASM PROGRAMMERS:
> >
> > Tomorrow, I will begin porting all 82 ASM source code on the
> TI-CALC.org
> > site.  If you DO NOT want me to release the ported source code, let
> me know
> > ASAP.  As soon as I am done with all the source, I will upload
> everything
> > at one time.  NOTE:  OShell-82 programs that use _getkey or
> _grbufcpy can't
> > be translated yet.
> >
> > NOTHING IN THE SOURCE CODE WILL BE CHANGED EXCEPT TO MAKE IT
> COMPATIBLE
> > WITH THE OTHER SHELL.
>
> This guy has changed the source code for my programs, compiled them
> and
> put them
> and several differnt www sites, without me approving of it. Because of
>
> me being
> on vacation i was not able to respond to this letter, so he just went
> head.
>
> Most of these programs are my work, and i do not want any one changin
> them and
> releasing them without me approving of it. The rest of the programs
> where originally
> written by some one else and i just translated them for Ash. I got
> permission from the
> author of these programs to do that, he has has far as i know done
> this.
>
> Therefore i have a request to everyone out there with a ti82 releates
> www page,
>
> REMOVE THE OSHELL VERSION OF MY PROGRAMS ASAP.
>
> Some of you might think that i am doing this because i as one of the
> authots of Ash
> wants everyone to use Ash instead of Oshell. This is not try, if any
> one
> wants to translate
> one or more of my programs from Ash to Oshell, just write me first.
> And
> make sure
> that i approve of it before releasing it. I just do not want people
> who
> do not know
> what they are doing messing up my programs.
>
> I hope that most of you can understand why i am doing this, and will
> respect it and remove
> the oshell version of my programs from the site. For the Oshell users
> out there, i am sorry
> about this, but if someone truly wants an Oshell version, i wont mind
> if
> you write me first.
>
> In the future i hope that anyone who want to translate someones
> program
> does not use
> the same method as this guy did. Ask first, and only make it public if
>
> you get permission.
>
> I hate when this kind of thing happens, and i really do not feel like
> [...]

The following files were removed from ticalc.org at yuor request:

Weave 1.4 for OShell-82
Columns 3.0 for OShell-82
Dump82 v1.0 for OShell-82
Hexview 0.1 for OShell-82
Bounce 1.1 for OShell-82
Chartest 1.1 for OShell-82
IntTest82 1.0 for OShell-82
Keytest 1.0 for OShell-82

If I missed a file, please tell me and I will remove it.

--
Bryan Rabeler
brabeler@ticalc.org