Re: copyright

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: copyright

>> And if you would please explain to me: what need do I have for an
>> emulator of a TI calc on a _PC_ if there are tons of much better math
>> (and game) software for it.

One reason: I would like to experiment the calculator before I buy. I
am not able to do that in a store because 1) they will not open one
for me and 2) I would have about 5 minutes to try it out, when I would
need something like a week to learn how it works and see how much
better it is than the one I have right now, a Casio Fx-7700.

>> Isn't PORTABILITY the main point of
>> calculators?  You can't (and don't want to) haul a PC with an emulator
>> to your calculus (or intro to algebra, for that matter) class, do you?

That's exactly why I say TI would make more money by freely
distributing the emulator for those who would like to try it before
buying it.

If TI doesn't do that, than all I can think is that their product
might be inferior to the competition and they are afraid that they
will loose customers. Is that the case?

Luis