Re: history, sigs, unix, rhapsody.....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: history, sigs, unix, rhapsody.....

UNSUBSCRIBE LIST-MACINTOSH-VS-PC-AND-A-BUNCH-OF-CRAP-ABOUT-RHAPSODY.

Take this crap into private E-mail, frankly 95% of this list doesn't give a
damn.

At 09:22 PM 7/25/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>>Nick Zitzmann                             No WWW page at this time.
>>>(Resident Macintosh Tweaker)
>>>                                          Windows 95:
>>>                                          From the people who brought
>>you
>>>                                            EDLIN!
---------------

>>So as you can see Rhapsody is based off Unix.  So I could say:
>>        Rhapsody:
>>        From the people who brought you vi
>>
>>Eli Allen   eallen@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us
>>
>>ICQ# 669742
>>

>Dear Eli,
>YOU ARE SO  WRONG    WRONG     WRONG    WRONG    WRONG
>Nick's just having a little fun.   Let me point out that MS wrote both
>EDLIN AND Win95.  Apple is writing Rhapsody, NOT AT&T Bell Labs (are they
>Lucent now?) who did write vi.  I thank you for the history lesson which
>is accurate as far as I know, but I think that Nick's sig tries to point
>out the reputation of the company which is "revolutionizing" the pc.
>(about 11+ years after the it already happened....) *** I.E. MS = BS,
>then and now. ***   Whearas Apple has probably has some flops too, but
>has consistiently been on the cutting edge if you take a look at the
>really big picture.  And although you may question Apple's ability to
>survive, they still put out some of the highest quality (and coolest) SW
>and some screamin' fast boxes.
>I'm not just defending Nick here, I'm defending Apple.  I use both Macs
>and Wintels and  out of experience I know that neither is perfect but
>that wintels just plain ˇˇsuck!! because no one has had a chance to
>redesign them as Apple has several times and consequently they've gotten
>very, very screwed up.
>
>Erik B.
>Staysail@Juno.com

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@geocities.com>
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/8210/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...