Re: copyright

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: copyright

In bit.listserv.calc-ti Jesse Samuels <JESSE.SAMUELS@ASU.EDU> wrote:

: is an emulator so sinister?  I respect that TI has a copyright, and can
: do as it pleases, but *why* would TI be against shareware emulators?  I
: don't beleive they have competing software (?).  Also, shouldn't TI
: promote emulators because that creates a market for more programmers,
: meaning more customers?  I don't think anyone would use an emulator by
: itself, it wouldn't be that useful (comments..).

: it also just adds another dimension to their product, maybe a good reason
: to buy TI v HP (?).

HP allows their ROM to be used in emulators if you're the owner of original
calc.

: PS: does anyone have info on buy-out of TI by another defense
: contractor?  I saw something on PBS yesterday, but I forget who...

: Jesse.Samuels@asu.edu

--
Paul Makeev, mac@RoSprint.Nospam.net