Re: ok, the big question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ok, the big question

> Ok, here's the big question. I am goin into my junior year in highschool so
>I will be taking the SAT and the ACT this year. I have a TI-92 but it is not
>allowed on those tests, plus it is inconvenient in class sometimes
>(size...plus I think it intimidates the teachers : ) ). Now, should I get an
>85 or an 86?  The 85 is more well supported, but the 86 has more memory,
>etc. Oh yeah, something else to take into consideration are games. I want to
>be able to play/program games too. Which is better for this?

I would definately have to say go with the TI-86.  It may not be as
"supported" as the 85 is now, but it WILL be in the future.  It also has many
other features that the TI-85 is lacking (i.e. tables).  Also, it has built
in assembly support (???).  There is a FAQ for the TI-86 at TI's web site
(http://www.ti.com).  Hope this helps, anyone have anything else to add? :-)

-andy-
http://members.aol.com/ticalccntr/index.html
UPDATED!!!  Check out the CPC (Custom Programming Center)!