Re: ZSHELL?????

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ZSHELL?????

Nick Zitzmann wrote in article ...

>On Sat, Jul 19, 1997 12:01 PM, Jawaad Ahmad <mailto:jia103@PSU.EDU> wrote:
>> Are you yelling, or are you just using an Apple?
>
>And just what seems to be the problem here?
>
>Nick Zitzmann                             No WWW page at this time.
>(Resident Macintosh Tweaker)
>                                          Windows 95:
>                                          From the people who brought you
>                                            EDLIN!

So I assume that You like Macs, right?  So if you like Macs your looking
forward to Rhapsody.  So here is a reason why your sig is bad (I'm not
saying Macs are bad, I just don't like them.)
A short history lesson:

Unix came out from ATT.  This OS had many text editors like ed for a line
text editor and vi for a full screen text editor.  Neither text editor had
an interface and to someone not used to them, had many strange commands.
many years past.
MicroSoft released Dos. This had edlin in it which was basically a
simplified and easier to use version of the Unix text editors.
many years past. (MicroSoft changed the way they displayed their name to
Microsoft)
NeXT was created by Jobs after he left Apple.  NeXT created a OS based on
Unix. (Basically another copy of Unix with a changed X windows GUI)
more years past
Apple bought NeXT.  They then decide to use the Nextstep as the base for the
OS (with only a few changes) to replace MacOS 8 and call it Rhapsody.

So as you can see Rhapsody is based off Unix.  So I could say:
        Rhapsody:
        From the people who brought you vi

But does that mean Rhapsody is a bad OS?

Just something you should think about before trying to insult another OS.
Before you insult another OS again you should think of these two things:
1.  Remember your history (so someone can't turn around what you said and
point it back at you like I just did)
2.  If the OS really that bad or is it just your preference that makes you
think one is better then the other?

It is ok to like an OS but don't insult another OS especially when you don't
know much about the other OS or your own.

Eli Allen   eallen@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

ICQ# 669742

Follow-Ups: References: