Re: PIC Expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: PIC Expander

Heh, duh :-). Why do you think all the current available stuff needs
drivers? they don't have any processor (the pic is one, designed to run rom
code only, really.). All the new ones will support direct mode because it's
merely some extra (cheap) rom that needs to be there. However, the TI
protocol is pretty slow, so they might have a 'faster' mode that does need
driver software. In fact, that's just the plan with Expander2.

--
-R.Zwitserloot@BTInternet.com

Michael J. Malluck <malluck@BELLSOUTH.NET> wrote in article
<33C6E7E6.6B7B@bellsouth.net>...