Re: TI-Basic = great ASM = not yet

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-Basic = great ASM = not yet

On Fri, Jul 4, 1997 10:14 PM, ilya winham <mailto:ilyamojo@geocities.com>
wrote:
> With all the fuss on ASM for the 82,83,86 and all other calcs you
> would think ASM would be a great thing for TI calcs.  But it hasn't
> panned out yet.  Until some people put the time in to make some great
> blow your mind away games in ASM it has virtually no practical use.
> There are hundreds more TI basic games and programs for the 82/83/85.
> Basic programs are fairly easy to write and can be enjoyable.  So keep
> programming in TI Basic because it has and always will be the main way
> to program.  ASM is just too complex and risky.  Unless ASM
> programmers take the time to make many more games it is just a waste
> of time.  I know ASM is new to TI programmers but if things don't pick
> up soon they never will.

Sure. And what was your motive behind writing this message? <;*)

If you haven't played a neat ASM game, that doesn't mean that there aren't
any. I was pretty amazed when I played Daedalus, for instance. Sure, it
looks primative, but it's the best one can do with that little memory and
processing power.

Nick Zitzmann                             No WWW page at this time.
(Resident Macintosh Tweaker)
                                          Windows 95:
                                          From the people who brought you
                                            EDLIN!