Re: Link Cables

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Link Cables

At 01:21 PM 7/6/97 GMT, you wrote:
>I heard a rumor that the $4 Parallel link cable will not work with a
>Pentium... I don't imagine this would be true, but I thought I'd
>check. If it is true, which cable would be the best to build? I have
>most of the parts, just waiting on an answer... This is for a TI-85.
>- ldgregory@biogate.com
>     If all else fails, so much for skydiving! -

Well,
    I'm not sure which you're talking about since you said $4 and parallel.
 Since there is a $4 serial and a $5 parallel :).  But I made a $4 serial
from parts I bought at a local electronics store.  And it really only cost
about $4.25 which isn't as much as if you'd go to radio shack and buy parts
since you have to buy about 5 at a time.  It works great on my pentium 100.
 I'm pretty sure the parallel works also but I've never tried.  People say
they're easier to make... they look like it from the schematics... (just
make sure the diodes are going the right way)  and the LED in the $4 one.
The serial works fine with my 85 and my 83 using tilink.   Can't say which
I recommend since they'll both work I'm sure.

                                        Dan1son
http://ti-files.home.ml.org