From:   Open discussion of TI Graphing Calculators  On Behalf Of Reinier
Zwitserloot
Sent:   Thursday, July 03, 1997 10:16 AM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        Re: 86 Basic to ASM

Contrary to what people have  been saying, this is very possible. However:

 I don't think this one will be very 'smart' for converting TI-BASIC *on*
the TI-85. Instead, write a compiler for the PC that takes TI-basic files,
and turns them into Z80 assembly, along with the correct adresses for the
TI85, rom <pick one>, or, probably better, Zshell compatible. You could
also make a semi-compiler, a p-code generator, which is what QBasic does
(lousy, if you ask me), and then you could leave the code common to all the
programs generated this way as library in usgard.

NB: Compiled basic is in fact not too hard, and it can be quite fast. For
IBMs, Powerbasic (a compiled basic) has been outdoing C from time to
time...

Whoever wants to write *that*... phooi. tuff job.

--
-R.Zwitserloot@BTInternet.com

Mark G Malley <markgm@JUNO.COM> wrote in article
<19970630.210829.4830.0.MarkGM@juno.com>...