Re: serious ASH bug!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: serious ASH bug!!!

Hi,

  There are a number of reasons why I think Ash is better.  Firstly,
Ash programs all begin with a signature of which the first byte is the
TI-Basic stop command - saving any unfortunate who tries to run an
asm prog.  The next two bytes make up the version number - before
displaying a program on the selection screen, Ash checks this
information - perhaps your program overwrites the signature.

Program descriptions could easily be added to Ash, and hopefully they
will be in the next version.  In my opinion Ash has a better progamming
interface - for example it allows a rom call to any location - OShell
provides a table of addresses from which one must choose.  If you want
to call somewhere else you have to write your own routine.

Anywayz, I'd like to congratulate all the people involved in
developing asm shells for the 82 - well done.

        cya,
                Dave.