From:   Thomas J. Hruska [SMTP:thruska@TIR.COM]
Sent:   Friday, December 12, 1997 6:42 PM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        Re: Change in access to Calc-TI

At 02:17 PM 12/12/97 -0800, you wrote:
>To help reduce the amount of garbage we see on this list, calc-ti is now a
>private list (at least temporarily) - this means that only subscribers to the
>list can send mail to it.
>
>Those who read the newsgroup bit.listserv.calc-ti should be unaffected.  In
>fact, most of you will not see a difference and can continue participating on
>the list as usual, but this change is bound to cause some difficulties for
>some.
>
>If your email address has changed (even slightly) since you first
subscribed to
>calc-ti, you will no longer be able to post.  You must first unsubscribe with
>your old address and resubscribe with the your new address.  If you need help
>doing that, please send a note to me at pking@ti.com or
>calc-ti-request@lists.ppp.ti.com.
>
>If you read calc-ti from a redistribution list, you will no longer be able to
>post until you personally subscribe.
>
>There are a few more scenarios like the two above, but I'm sure you get the
>point.  Please let us know if you have any trouble.
>
>Thanks and best regards,
>Paul
>pking@ti.com

It's about time.  I was getting real sick of having some video message pop
up between the real messages.  One other change you guys should make is to
have the "Reply-To:" field on your server be the CALC-TI list.  That way we
can just press our reply buttons and send the message back to the listserv
instead of the person who sent it.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.