Re: Link Cable Busted in my Calc!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Link Cable Busted in my Calc!

In article <19971209044000.XAA27441@ladder02.news.aol.com>, mogul345@aol.com
(Mogul345) writes:
> The end of the Link cable broke off(dont know how) in the port on my 83.
> Anybody know how to get it out? I really dont have the time or money to send
it
> back to TI. I tried opening the damn thing but I cant figure out how they
have
> it closed shut.
>
> If you have any answers, please e-mail them to me. I dont get on the usenet
> much.
>
> Thanks,
> Don

Aww, what the heck, I think I'll give some partially bad advice.  First off, if
you can get the thing open, do it that way.  Some times screws are hidden in
the battery compartment, or underneath rubber feet (don't know about the
TI-83).  If all else fails, try superglue on the end of a pin, or anything else
small enough to fit in the hole.  If you use too much, or you slip, forget ever
using it again, though.  Stick the pin in the hole, make contact with the stuck
plug, give it time to bond, and pull out.

Please tell me you aren't going to try this...

--

                                 Will Chamberlain
                            Tennessee Tech University

                           No, I don't play basketball.