Re: when did this happen?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: when did this happen?

Basically, on all TI 8x calculators, TI handels keypresses in a
certain way. On the 85, it is simpler (smaller) to do it using the
custom bug, and on the 83/86 there is no reason. However, on the 82 it
works well.

Based on what Dines just said, and what I've seen in the Ash 2.0 file,
here is
what I think happens:

When in the home screen, the calc is in a KEY_HAND loop. There is a
table in
memory, like this:

K_MODE    $2335
K_ENTER    $2453

If it gets the scan code for mode, it will do a call $2335. If it gets
that of
enter, it will do a call $2453. The matrix L1 is the location of the
ash object
code, a couple bytes into user memory. L2 is the location in memory of
the
right side of the table for K_ENTER. L1 is loaded into L2, so the next
time you
press enter, it will not compute the answer, but it will call ash.

This allows you to execute asm code on any calculator with a link
port. Go to www.ticalc.org/pub/82/asm for more stuff.