TOUGH 82 problems. GOOD programmers click here...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TOUGH 82 problems. GOOD programmers click here...

Hello again everyone...
        I'm back with another question, hopefully someone will have answers...
We're in the process of writing a DECENT GUI for the 82, 85's have one, as
does the 86.  Version 1 was OK, but it had a couple if inherent flaws.
Version 2 is due out in Feb, and we've got two major problems.  If anyone
has a solution, I'll put your name in the easter egg and like you a lot
too!
1) String input without quotes.  You all know you can store strings to the
function variables (Y=, Un, etc...), but you have to put quotes around the
string.  This is a major problem with user-friendliness, and we'd like to
get around it if we could.  Does anyone know how to do this (No ASM, this
is for the ROM, no shells this time...)?

2) Executing external programs.  You can EASILY execute another program
from within a program, but the problem is that you have to write the
program name directly into the code.  Is there a way to either a) have the
calculator determine and make available all of the programs in it's RAM; or
b) write a self-modifying program or one that modifies another program's
code?  Again, no ASM, save that for the PC.  Part of the fun of this is the
challenge of doing this stuff in TI-Basic...

Any ideas are appreciated, THANX!
        --Jacob Thurman