Re: SOLVER( and-then-what-?-please-tell-me

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

In article <34872882.6913@online.no>, Jack the Klipper <toru@online.no> writes:
> How do I use the solver?? I have a TI83
> I though about 2X=4   (X equals 2,yes i know that. But just as an
> example..)
> So i write
> Solver(2X=4 [ENTER]
> But get an error report.
>
> I tried to ask my math teacher, but she wasn't much help.
> ("well, I don't use that 'couse you have to learn to do it by hand. You
> know later you don't always have your calc...." and so on. DUH.)
>
> --
> JTK

It's not true.  You always have your calc.  If you don't, it's usually your own
fault.  :)

I don't own one with a solver, but
try putting a close parenthesis on the end of the command.  Also might want to
try SOLVE(2X=4,X) to tell it what you want to solve for, if it's anything like
certain other commands.
--

                                 Will Chamberlain
                            Tennessee Tech University