Re: TI-86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-86

In my opinion, he is right.  On the 86, a shell seems like a waste of
memory, unless you want to use on of the ones that run 85s files (which
I have not tried).  I had a shell to run games, but it got to the point
where it was annoying when I could just use the Asm( command.  Plus they
seemed to be crash happy to me.

Mislav Bilobrk wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, polya wrote:
>
> Clever boy, aren't you, ha?
> YOU CAN'T RUN A TI85 ASM PROGRAM ON A TI85/TI86 WITHOUT SHELL!
> It is stored in a string and ROM calls on ti86 are supposed to be
> different.
>
> >Take my advice,  you don't need a shell to run anything.A shell is just
> >useless overhead.  It's like saying you need Windows to run a dos app -
> >ridiculous!  Like, what's the point?  The whole point of assembler is to be
> >native, like in fast and pure; so why f...  it up by overloading it with
> >useless
> >garbage like a shell.  Shells are for idiots who don't know how to properly
run
> >Z80 assembler on TI Calcs.  The key:  do your homework and learn how to run
> >programs properly.
>
> So all of us who use shells are idiots? Please, tell us how do you run
> an asm prog on a ti85!

This post is about the 86, not the 85.  You need some kind of shell on
the 85, but not on the 86.  Well since we're talking about shells on the
85 anyway, all I feel is nessecery is a little menu to let me run the
programs, not background pictures and features that really don't do
anything and just take up memory, which is quite limited (we're talking
about a 28k calc here people).

Todd

> This is not a place for flame letters and/or telling someone he is an
> idiot!

Yes, by the way I agree - we don't need flames here.

> >>Yes you can run some zshell games on the 86.   Currently there are two
> >>shells which will do this:  AuroraShell Enhanced 0.90 and Rascall 0.2
> >>Beta.  Both can be found at http://www.ticalc.org/pub/86/asm/programs/
> >>
> >>Other assembly shells for the 86 include Iridus, Aurora, and AShell.  You
> >>can also find these at http://www.ticalc.org/pub/86/asm/programs/

Follow-Ups: References: