Mac link cable?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mac link cable?

Hi. I've had a TI-85 for years now, and just discovered the plethora
of TI-85 links and information on the 'Net. I'm a rather proficent
TI-BASIC programmmer (if I do say so myself), and was going to
actually get rid of my calc since I had dismissed it as too slow. Now,
with the news of assembly programs (and being able to accelerate my
calc), things are looking up. Problem is, I'm a poor college student
(with a Mac) that doesn't want to shell out $50 for TI's cables, and
the home-made ones seem to be all PC-compatible only. Now, I'm not
afraid to try to make my own, I just need some info...

I read somewhere that the homebuilt cables aren't compatible with the
TI graph-link. I'm assuming that this means I'd have to write my own
program too. No problem, I've been meaning to find a reason to
utilize my $300 Mac compiler anyway.

What I'm getting at is, what sort of pointers to specs on cables and
transmission protocols can you guys give me?

--
Dan Bongert                | Hire the Morally Handicapped--It's More Fun
dbongert@students.wisc.edu | National Institute for the Morally Handicapped