Re: Ash 3.0 Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ash 3.0 Questions

At 08:38 AM 8/26/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I have 2 questions.
I'll skip the first one.

>2.)In Ash 3, do you have to do ld hl,string
>                               ld de,PROGRAM_ADDR
>                               add de,hl
>                               D_ZT_STRING
>   Or is there a shorter way to display zero-terminating strings?

Here is the proper way to display ASCIIZ in ASH v3.0:

ld hl,string
ROM_CALL(D_ZT_STR)

However, this method will not work under OS-82.  I am working on finding a
(PROGRAM_ADDR) variable that will enable you to do the following, yet
compile and run for both shells:

ld hl,string
ld de,(PROGRAM_ADDR)
add hl,de