From:   Open discussion of TI Graphing Calculators  On Behalf Of James
Macpherson
Sent:   Saturday, October 25, 1997 1:18 AM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        No TI-86. TI-85 or TI-83?

I have been waiting in anticipation for the release of the TI-86 in
Australia, however now it has been released it doesn't look as though it
is going to be approved for our exams(not until some time next year at
least).

I was wondering whether anyone could advise me which model to get, based
on

*=A0 The TI-83 being more modern, with built in assembly and supposedly
easier to use.

*=A0 The TI-85 having a greater resolution, and more features.

Which has the most/best software on top of their built in features?=A0 Does=
 the
increased resolution on the 85 make a big difference? Is a Texas
Instruments calculator the best to go for considering a 92 is NOT allowed
and the 86 won't be until next year?

Anyone who has had any experience with either or, preferably, both of
these calculators please help me.

Being able to choose the TI-86 would obvioulsly solve all of the above,
but then who said life was fair!?!?!

James Macpherson