Re: Question: Linking TI-85 and 86 to transfer OS-85 {zshell}?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 15:20:12 GMT, phuzzy@sover.net (Phuzzy) wrote:

>My friend just bought a TI-86 and wants to copy OS-85 from my 85, but
>it won't let me do a memory backup, but if you just transfer files
>regulaly it works fine. Does anyone know how we could put it on there
>or where we could get a backup file with it for the 86? Please reply
>via email if possible. Thanx in advance, ciao
>
>                       Phuzzy
>                            phuzzy@sover.net
>                               http://www.sover.net/~phuzzy

The simple answer is that you can't
OS-85/ZSHELL/USGARD/SUPERNOVA/OShell-85/Whatever other Asm shell for
the 85 currently does not, and will never work on the ti-86. Well,
i'll take that back. After some really big fat research, you might be
able to convert 85 asm to 86 asm, with lots of modication on top.
Until more knowledge becomes available about rom locations on the
ti86, not that many games are going to be available for the ti86
(also, it's a new calc.. takes a while.)