Re: Doom Or Duke Nukem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Doom Or Duke Nukem

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 20:15:42 -0700, NOSPAMkirkm2506@earthlink.net
(Kirk Mueller) wrote:

> though I doubt the TI-82 has enough memory (hard or RAM) to run either of
them.

hard or RAM? explain. The TI series has only one type of storage
available: RAM. it also has ROM (duh), but you can't store things. ROM
stands for Read-Only-memory, which might ring a bell. It seems you
suggest the TI has a harddisk (hard?). That would be a fairly skilled
accomplishment, but I don't think the penlites would last longer than
a few minutes, and it woulodn't be quite this small :-P.

>the game newsgroups or websites.  I have a Doom webpage at
>http://home.earthlink.net/~kirkm2506/DoomTop.html  There's also several
>Doom and Duke Nuke Em newsgroups.  A couple of them are alt.games.doom and
>rec.games.computer. doom.playing

It's a Z80. It's less powerfull than an old ibm 8080 (okay,
debatable.) Whilst creative assembly programming has shown some
extremely skilled products rolling out for the TI calcs, doom isn't
quite possible on a calculator yet. There is a 3D raycasting engine,
obviously less powerful and much slower compared to wolfenstein.
However, it's semiplayable (7 fps), and one hell of an accomplishment.
The program in question is Daedalus from Andreas Ess.