HELP! Parrallel link question (+ If any1 has Serial link specs.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HELP! Parrallel link question (+ If any1 has Serial link specs. please mail them!)

I have made the parallel link cable according to the instructions and
when I test it with linktest it returns the correct values.
I then tested it with the LC85.com file and it checked out all right.
And I also tested that the disp.com returned the right screen.

However when I use a link program (tried several), like connect8 I can
only SEND my programs and var's. If I try sending a picture I get a
transmit error.

When I try to grab the screen from within connect8 on my machine it
goes to 99% and freezes, if I do it on my fathers it completes, but I
can't x-mit stuff to my calc on my fathers computer either :-(

I have tried changing my printer port type and it doesn't help, as
described later I tested it on my fathers older machine and it worked
from the calculator to the computer, but not vice versa.
I also tried some dos programs and all they do is either crash or come
with an error message!

How can the disp program show the calc display ok when other programs
can't?
Why can't I transfer files to the Calc?

Does any1 have any suggestions? Could the cable be to long? Any ideas
are welcome!
Do you think it would help to use a serial cable instead? (If so
please send the design specs!)

My calculator is a TI-85 with rom version 10.0 and I use the std.
orange diodes in my link cable. My computer is a P166MMX and my father
has a 486 DX-2 66 MHz

Thanks in advance!

David Mortensen

When replying by e-mail, please remove my spam trap!