Flames on the list

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Flames on the list

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997 22:50:46 -0600 matthrolf.rpa@juno.com writes:
>AGAIN I AGREE WITH THIS PERSON.  I do not understand why it is that
>the people on this list are VERY quick to flame.  Is it that with the
>supposed higher intelligence of the members of this list comes a
>certain degree of arrogance?  If there is someone that is trying to
>learn, please instruct them instead of burning their hopes and
>interests with flaming messages.

Thanks for the defense.  I appreciate it.  I do have to say one more
thing though.  When I found this list, I thought "Cool, now maybe I can
finally learn to use my calc as more than a paperweight!"  What I got was
a load of flames.  I have actually learned very few useful things.  And
what little I learned, I learned from the people who get flamed on a
regular basis.  Us "newbies" have a hard time at this, because we get
flamed for asking a question.  I asked about the point of HAL.  It was
rather obvious that I completly did not understand HAL.  The majority of
replies I got were flames for my "ignorance".  Another just now learned
that TI made laptops.  Same thing.  I am bigtime into computers, and
well, TI just doesn't do much to promote their computers.  It would be
rather easy to not know that TI made laptops if all your computer
shopping was done at your local stores.  And there have been a lot more
like these.  I still don't know squat about the calc, and I doubt I learn
much from the list.  A lot of good stuff is out there, but nobody will
post it for fear of being flamed.  Or the other problem- once any good
projects get going, there is a rush to get it off the list, mainly by
people who said it couldn't be done.  Example- asm for the 82.  Maybe
some people enjoy flaming others, maybe it is like the old saying "He is
so smart, he is stupid"

Eric E. Klos  bike17@juno.com  Mt. Clemens MI
Interests - Dirtbikes,snowmobiles,quads,go-karts,R/C's,HO slots,Trucks
and Jeeps