Re: Trying to understand HAL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Trying to understand HAL

AGAIN I AGREE WITH THIS PERSON.  I do not understand why it is that the
people on this list are VERY quick to flame.  Is it that with the
supposed higher intelligence of the members of this list comes a certain
degree of arrogance?  If there is someone that is trying to learn, please
instruct them instead of burning their hopes and interests with flaming
messages.

Thanks.

With most sincerity,

Matt H. Rolf.
| \  / |   /  \      |        |              Matt H. Rolf
|  \/  |  /__\     |        |              MattHRolf.RPA@JUNO.COM
|      | /      \    |        |

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997 18:21:05 -0400 e e <bike17@JUNO.COM> writes:
>On Sun, 10 Aug 1997 17:31:04 GMT Reinier Zwitserloot
><R.Zwitserloot@BTINTERNET.COM> writes:
>>On Thu, 7 Aug 1997 00:21:07 -0400, e e <bike17@JUNO.COM> wrote:
>>
>>>I am trying to understand the point of HAL.  What I have gathered so
>>far
>>>is that HAL allows you to take a program written in BASIC, and
>>transfer
>>>it to ASM.  Ok, I understand that ASM gives you added features that
>>BASIC
>>>doesn't have, such as gray-scale on the screen, but why in the world
>>>would you want to transfer a BASIC program to ASM?  It the same
>>source
>>>code, right?  How is it going to be any better in ASM than in BASIC?
>>>

>>>Eric E. Klos   Mt. Clemens MI  R/C's, HO slots, mountain bikes,
>>>computers, beginning Go-Kart project
>>
>>E e Klos, this proves something. You have no clue as to what you are
>>talking about. As I said earlier, the release of HAL you speak of is
>>beta one, and as such, knowledge is required before being able to
>>understand how to use HAL.
>
>You are exactly right.  Like I said, quote"I am trying to understand
>the point of HAL".  I was trying to gain that knowledge, and you would
>know that if you read the post.  I heard very little about HAL before
>the flame war began, and hence, I learned very little about the nature
>and point of the program.  So what little knowledge I had of the
>program may not have been entirely correct.
>

>>About that 'better to let people think you are a fool than open your
>>mouth and prove it', in my definition, trying to force your opinion
>>when you aren't familiar with the subject isn't all too smart a move.
>
>What opinion was I trying to force?  How do you figure I was trying to
>FORCE it?  I never try to force my opinion, that's exactly what it is,
>MY opinion.  Nobody else's, mine and mine only.  If others choose to
>adopt the same opinion, that's thier choice.  In MY opinion, you
>opened your mouth.  Note-nowhere did I try to force the opinion on
>anyone.
>

>Eric E. Klos   Mt. Clemens MI  R/C's, HO slots, mountain bikes,
>computers, beginning Go-Kart project

Follow-Ups: References: