Re: Interrupt modes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Interrupt modes

Hi,

  After reading through my worn Z80 manual:

IM 0 - (default on Z80 reset):

An external device generates an IORQ, and then places an opcode on the
data bus
(eg. RST, CALL).  Not much use for programming.

IM 1:

On INT, branches to 0038h.  Effectively an NMI that can be masked.

IM 2:

On INT, external device places a 7-bit address on the data bus, this
address is appended
to the 8-bit I register.  The resulting address points to an entry in a
table of dwords
somewhere in memory - the dwords are the addresses of the int handlers.

Hope this helps.

        cya,
                Dave.