Re: ASH <-> OShell-82 <-> ZSHELL (Info.)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ASH <-> OShell-82 <-> ZSHELL (Info.)

On Thu, 7 Aug 1997 11:22:11 -0400, "Thomas J. Hruska"
<thruska@TIR.COM> wrote:

>Right after I finish SQRXZ and release the ASH <-> OShell-82 <-> OS-82
>Development Kit v1.1, I will start work on adding one more shell...ZSHELL.
>However, to start this project, I will need several things:
>
>1)  The latest version of ZSHELL.
>2)  All the USEFUL information on the 85 that is out there (I already know
>ASM...so I don't need that type of info).
>4)  I need all the compiling tools that are used to make an ASM 85 program.

Just a minor note here. This also applies to the one 'what is a
shell'.

With development news of supernova and usgard (the ideas were created
about the same time, so the credit goes to both. however, usgard came
out earlier). Libraries. for example, when I was doing some work on
tape85 (currently still at a halt since I don't know how to make an
ADC that will be suitable for tape85), i could make a good-looking
window interface with a few lines of code, due to the window library
that comes with usgard. If used wisely, as seen in usgard, multiple
files is a good improvement over ZShell.

As to making a zshell convertor, keep in mind that most new software
being developed is for usgard. Also know that the different screen
sizes and different hardware (mostly the same, except that it's going
to be in all-different locations) afre going to make it very hard to
produce a 100% compatible conversion kit. If you do get it done,
phooi, that would be quite something.