Re: Joystick

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Joystick

On 3 Aug 1997 07:56:41 GMT, "Josh Bode" <josh@very.net> wrote:

>Has anyone tried to make a joystick for the 82 ever?
>
>Josh

With a very cheap 'n small hardware convertor into the link port, and
a program that uses that joystick, should work just fine. Yo would
need some hardware most likely. Just maybe not, in which case you
would be lucky. Depends on the signalling. Im fairly sure it's
analog-like. will need an ADC. (Analog->digital).I had the same
problem trying to listen/write to a plain old music tape.

on the subject of Tape85... If anybody wants the full info on the
tape85 protocol, please drop me a mail. The CRC is big, but it can
correct 1 mistake per 8 bits. So even a short spike or problem on the
tape won't be causing errors.