Re: Windows 95 & SuperHAL...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Windows 95 & SuperHAL...

If you want to program for HAL in dos, just use EDIT, then run HAL85.EXE
filename.HAL, then COMPILE.BAT filename.  You could even make a batch file
to fully automate this (edit the file, prompt to compile, if yes then
compile).

At 12:13 AM 8/8/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm not sure if this is just a problem with Visual BASIC or if something
>might not be working correctly inside HAL; but when I run SuperHAL under
>Windows 95, no matter what I try, it won't save a file.
>
>I tried setting up a new partition with DOS 6.2 & Windows 3.1.
>Unfortunately, the PC components emulated on my Mac are just too new to
>support Windows 3.1 sufficiently. I was able to get it to run twice, after
>which the mouse ceased to work and sometimes shutting down Windows would
>cause a "processor error" in my emulator.
>
>Any ideas? I'd **really** appreciate a DOS version of SuperHAL, DOS-based
>software runs soooooo much faster & easier on my system than anything
>that's based on Windows.
>
>Nick Zitzmann                             No WWW page at this time.
>(Resident Macintosh Tweaker)
>                                          Windows 95:
>                                          From the people who brought you
>                                            EDLIN!

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@geocities.com>
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/8210/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...