Re: Tests and spam! Stop it!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tests and spam! Stop it!

> There are three things that need to be done to make this list alot more
                   xxxxx->four things
> enjoyable for everyone.
>
> 1.  Ban nonsubscriber email addresses from posting to the mailing list.
> This will instantly stop all of the spam.
>
> 2.  Stop posting test messages.  If you want to test your new
> mail client, send a message to yourself or someone that you know, don't
> send it to 500 people on a mailing list.
>
> 3.  Learn how to unsubscribe.  This is just common sense considering that
> an email clearly explaining this is emailed to each person when they join
> the list.

   4.  Don't feel like you absolutaly have to reply to a spam and
   waste good bandwith on replys like "This is Spam, I'm pissed...
   can I sue" and other equivilents... The spammer is likely
   long-gone or isn't checking their mail because of all the ppl that
   will most likely reply to them (or if they're smart enought (or
   use a aol-clone email program) they'll put a fake return
   address so you reply to a bad address or a innocent address)
> Now are these three things so hard?
                           xxxxx=four things

There now I feel much better. :)

Follow-Ups: References: