From: Joseph Gaffney <gaffney@THETHINKER.COM>
To: CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM <CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM>
Date: Wednesday, August 06, 1997 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?

At 12:23 PM 8/6/97 -0400, Joe Davison wrote:
>Obviously YOU are the unintelligent one! What to you think that
>VBRUN100.DLL just comes bundled with every PC on the planet?! WRONG!!

Your ignorance astounds me =).  vbrun100.dll is included with windows 95,
as well as several other vb runtimes.  If you have windows 3.1, well, you
probably have it too =).  I never said it came with the software, but I'd
have to say that less than 1% of the PC (Notice that word/acronym right
there!) world is without it, therefore inclusion of the file will basically
be worthless to the common user.

>Unless the user happens to have Visual Basic 1.0 (Very Unlikely) *OR*
>has another program that was made for VB 1.0 (also pretty unlikely),
>then they would NOT have VBRUN100.DLL.

Well, I'd reply to that, but I'm LAUGHING TOO DAMN MUCH!!!!

>Therefore if you are releasing
>software made in some arcane version of a programming language, I would
>consider necessary DLLs A VITAL PIECE OF THE SOFTWARE!!

STILL LAUGHING TOO MUCH TO REPLY!!!

>--
>Joe Davison
>mailto:lithuania@geocities.com
>http://members.tripod.com/~Mario_64_World/

=)

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Wipe The Smile Off My Face"   |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |