HAL for 86 asm?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HAL for 86 asm?

 I have very little experience with asm, but I'm interested in using HAL to write some asm programs for my TI-86.  Does HAL work for writing 86 programs?  The documentation seems to say that it doesn't, but there is an option to compile for the 86.  I tried to write a very simple program, simply clearing the screen by using the cls command.  The help file seems to say that this is all I would need in a program.  When I compile, the dos window for the wasm86 program gives two errors:

Runtime error 002 at 0000:00B8.
Runtime error 002 at 0000:0239.

Two files are created, one with the extension hal and the other with the extension asm.  I assume that I would have to use another program to change the asm file to .86p.  I tried to do this with asm86 v1.0.  However, this program gave several errors and didn't create the file.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a flaw in the program?  Thanks for any help.