Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?

At 05:59 PM 8/6/97 UT, you wrote:
>No, almost all Windows users don't have VBRUN100.DLL either.
>________________
>
>Jeff Tyrrill
>http://tyrrill-ticalc.home.ml.org/
>http://ti-files.home.ml.org/

        If you think about it the way some of these people are saying, it's like
saying that the creators of HAL should have included Windows in the zip
because you need that to run it too. SILLINESS!! =)

        Also, not true in the least.  You said Windows, correct?  IE, Windows 3.x
type being the most common non win 95 windows users.  Well, you will find
those runtimes necessary in many of the programs for there, espcially
things such as skifree I believe, I think Freecell (though that might be VB
3 runtimes, I don't remember)  In any event, it would be silly to include
this file.  Perhaps the user would be writing over his newer vbrun100.dll
with an older one (though doubtful).  In any event, it makes the zip file
of HAL all the more larger, even though minimal, that may make a difference
to users on lower bandwidth.

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Wipe The Smile Off My Face"   |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |

Follow-Ups: References: