First Statement to HAL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

First Statement to HAL

First of all: Congratulations! HAL is a really good idea.

The idea to make a development environment for Windows95 is
also very good, but I think that a reliable DOS-program
like HAL85 is much better than an unrelieable, one week old
Windows95 program written with a very, very old system
(Visual Basic 1.0).
For the DOS-program you can make a batch which does
the same work than you Compile-Command in Super??HAL.
And you can use your usual text-editor if you want.

I have written a small batch file to do the work of compiling,
assembling and converting to a string. You see it at the
end of this message.

Next statement:

I?ve tried to compile some sample files and yes, I had the
VBRUN100.DLL - error. OK, what shalls. No problem to get one.

Next I had the divide error. I don?t linke such errors so I tried
to fix this problem. And it seems that it works.

Yesterday you said, that we should try to assemble manually
with the following options:
tasm -80 -g3 -r8 -y -i -l tank!.asm
In Dos-box I typed just "tasm" and got a help-text of all possible
options of the assembler. But there was no -y option.
So I tried the above line without the undocumented -y option, and wow,
I never got the divide error.
But I also didnot get the Statusline which looked like this:
> Elapsed time = 1 secs  lines = 1253   lines/sec = 1253

I think, the divide error comes from calculating this and this line
is really not important.

Here is the Batch-File make.bat:

hal85 %1.asm
tasm -80 -g3 -r8 -i -l %1.asm
copy %1.obj %1
string85 %1

just write on command-line: make <filename>
<filename> WITHOUT extension
ex. make tank!

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

:-)   Ing. Gerhard Mueller
:-)   EZI GmbH, Austria
:-)   Emil-von-Behringstr. 36
:-)   Tel.:+43-4242-42415-24