Re: Questiiion questiion questiiion-Ti85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, Aug 4, 1997 9:45 PM, Ruess <mailto:ruess@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
> Hi I just bought an 85 and am a little frustrated.
>     My main question is: DOES it do fractions????
> I find it hard to believe that they could make this advanced of a
> calculator that doesn't do fractions.

Of course it can. Remember basic division? One fourth is the same as 1/4,
or one divided by four.

You enter fractions using the divide key character (/) between the divisor
and dividend.

To display the output of a decimal number in fraction form, take a look at
the Misc. menu in the Math menu. There should be a "->Frac" command in
there. You can put this at the end of any operation to get a fraction
answer, or find the fraction answer for an operation you just performed
that gave you a decimal answer ("Ans->Frac"), etc.

Hope this helps...

Nick Zitzmann                             No WWW page at this time.
(Resident Macintosh Tweaker)
                                          Windows 95:
                                          From the people who brought you
                                            EDLIN!