Re: Ash + Oshell idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ash + Oshell idea

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997 12:58:58 GMT, jeffreyd@voicenet.com (Richard)
wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Jul 1997 21:37:59 -0400, ADAMMAN106@AOL.COM wrote:
>
>>In a message dated 97-07-29 14:19:40 EDT, you write:
>>
>><< since every asm program for the 82 is available for oshell (even if
>> some get taken off web pages) but oshell messes up Q and takes up
>> several programs. Someone should but the actual Oshell into the ash
>> backup. That way we can use all the programs with one shell that
>> doesn't mess up our variables.
>>
>> Just a thought,
>> ~Richard >>

Let's see now.

you have ash, you replace it with Oshell.

Now how's that different from OShell?

you can't just plug bits of code left and right into another program,
unless both are object-oriented systems and have the exact same object
interface AND definition of function, not to mention the additional
problems of static addresses in the shells. Without all that, the
shells would be slow and big for no reason. (which are usually slower
but easier to port, read, and share. not suitable for the t85.. Z80
isn't well suited for it, nor is a calc where every drop of speed and
every bit of space matters.)

IE: it's not possible.